HTC launched its HTC One M8 around March 2014, almost a year later HTC unveils yet another flagship phone in the “One” series, the M9 at the just concluded Mobile World Congress, one of the most popular global Tech events. The event took place in Barcelona on March 1 and the event saw almost all the major tech companies participating and launching their new line of products. Amongst all the new launches, one of the most talking about products was the launch of HTC One M9.
Just like its predecessor M8 model, the M9 too created a stir among the tech geeks and the rumour mills that went berserk about its features and what to expect from the phone in terms of its design and specifications. All that is now put to rest and the phone is finally unveiled and the real features are out.
As you would expect from any high-end phone, the phone is loaded with a range of cutting-edge features and technology. Some of the best features and specifications are:
OS and Hardware
- The M9 comes loaded with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. HTC uses a heavily customized look of Android and it also has included Sense 7, which is the latest version of Android Skin. The newer version allows the users to further customize their phone in terms of chose their own fonts, icon style, colour schemes etc.
- The phone is powered by the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 process, Qualcomm’s latest 64-bit chipset, Octa-core processor and 3GB RAM. With such strong features, it is no surprise the phone delivers powerful performance and as the experts say, it seems very swift and super responsive.
- HTC One M9 features 4 Ultrapixel cameras on the front. These ultrapixels are designed in a way that they are physically larger than the regular pixels found in other phone models and therefore they are able to absorb more light. So now you can click great selfies with your M9 phone even in low light situations.
- The rear camera is a massive 20MP camera with dual LED flash light. HTC says it has designed a special software to improve the overall dynamics of the camera to bring out the finer details of the image and more vivid.
- The HTC One M9 has a pretty similar design like its predecessor model. It features an all-metal body that makes the phone sturdy and robust. The back of the phone is rounded slightly. The bombastic “BoomSound” speakers sit on top and bottom of the screen.
- The edges of the phone are of slightly different colour than a back panel. This gives the phone a subtle dual-colour effect, which further increases the visual appeal of the phone. M9 comes in three colour variants, polished gold edge with gold back, polished silver edge with dark grey body and gold edge with silver body.
- HTC phones are known for their powerful batteries and M9 won’t disappoint you either in anyway. The phone features a 3500 mAh battery, which is sure to keep the phone running smoothly for one full day.
Launch Date & Price
- The phone is expected to be launched in India on 8th April 2015 and it is expected to come with a price tag of Rs. 52, 000
Video Courtesy :(Youtube/Android Central)