The desire for reading a good book can never be underestimated. Reading is a hobby for some and a passion for many. Some of the world’s best writers have grown up reading. Anyone who wishes write must first learn to read.
- A writer cannot afford to restrict themselves to just books; they need to read all kinds of literature from poetry to news articles in order to improve their vocabulary. However, times are changing and with it come new ways of acquiring knowledge that was once only found in books.
- A fast growing trend is eBooks which can be easily downloaded online. The advantage of using eBooks is that you can adjust the font size easily, so you won’t have to strain your eyes while reading the fine print of the book. It is also portable if you have a tablet or smartphone. You don’t have to worry about your book getting damaged as you can carry it along wherever you go.
- While some prefer reading books, some just like hear stories. Generally, children prefer to hear stories from their parents, teachers and loved ones rather than reading it by themselves. For working parents, the eAudio book is a great way to keep your child entertained and give them access to the right source of knowledge. These books can also be downloaded from the net and can even be found on a library’s site.
- eAudio books are also a great tool for the visually impaired. In fact, visually impaired people can opt for Braille books available at select stores too. Audio Books are also available on CD and DVD for the same reason. With this improved technology, everyone can access knowledge in their preferred style.
- Today, even the local libraries are evolving. You can find more than just rows of books there. Almost every library now has access to the internet. Now you can find digital libraries which are a source of e-books, eAudio books and e-music in English and other languages too. With libraries organizing story reading and telling sessions, interaction of other library members increases which does make things very interesting.
- Music soothes the soul and influences the mind, so it should come as no surprise to see music libraries flourishing. Many international libraries have a separate space where people can not only download music but also make their own music.
For those who wish to improve their pronunciation or simply learn a new language, the Pronunciator is a great online tool enabling users to learn nearly 80 languages. There is kid friendly version also available for improving their language skills. It provides conversation practice, flashcards, quizzes, audio lessons and pronunciation analysis.
- All in all, reading definitely enhances and broadens the scope of knowledge. Knowledge is everywhere and it’s up to you to find it. Reach out to books, newspapers, web content and more to ensure you stay passionately tuned to knowledge all the way.
Though most of the world is moving online towards smart phones and tablets, there still remains a segment of readers who still prefer reading books in their hand rather than their soft version.
The Internet has made the world closer by offering a free flow of knowledge – be it in any language or form, books, audio or media, the fact remains that you can not only enjoy it be enrich yourself by accessing it more than ever before.