It has arrived!! The world’s slimmest smartphone has been launched by Oppo. With just 4.85 mm thick, the Oppo R5 has made it to the headlines this week. The Oppo R5 has secured this top position after pushing the Gionee Elife S5.1 with 5.1mm thickness to the second position. Apart from being the slimmest phone, the Oppo R5 is definitely on the higher side with regards to it price – approx $499.
Being on the higher side of the price range here are some of its features:
- Powered with 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- Adreno 405 for graphics
- Android 4.4 OS,
- Efficient in multitasking.
- Equipped with two cameras, the rear one being a 13MP Sony IMX214 sensor and an f/2.0 aperture with the 5MP is offered in the front.
- Users can rely on the rear phone (which sticks out a bit!!) to record videos at various speeds.
- The Oppo R5 is powered by 2,000mAh Li-Polymer battery with VOOC technology for fast recharge.
Weighing just 155 gms, this one is definitely not exactly lightweight. On the memory side, things are slightly sad as only 16GB of internal storage and no slot for inserting the microSD card for expanding memory. With no headphone connector, users will need to opt for a Bluetooth (O-Music clip) or a bundled USB adaptor.
For taking care of the heating issue of the phone and protecting the chipset from additional heat, Oppo has in place a special cooling element. This cooling element is made from liquid-metal and phase-change materials.
Its user intuitive interface provides access through gestures for instance WeChat app can be accessed by drawing a ‘w’ on the home screen or for using the flashlight, you need to draw “v”. Also, Oppo has given extra emphasis to camera features through a new app and extra plug-ins such “Slow Shutter, “Super Macro”, “Beautify”, “Professional” and many more.
Likely to be made available from next month onwards across the world, the Oppo R 5 will be offered in silver, gray and gold variants. Though for its availability in India, its still wait and watch.