Cover Image credits – idigitaltrends.com
Nokia, the former biggest mobile giant that has been in a long hiatus, is all set to enter the smart phone industry, one more time, with the Nokia 8 on 16th August 2017 in London.
HMD Global, a company run by several like-minded entrepreneurs with close ties to the original Nokia brand have acquired the rights to all smartphones and tablets with the Nokia branding for the next 10 years. If the rumours regarding specs of the latest Nokia 8 are to be believed, the features and characteristics which made Nokia so unique and so widely loved all over the globe are well and truly intact.
The foundation upon which the Nokia brand was built on was a reputation for stability, quality and reliability. Most users who have used a Nokia phone before have mostly fond memories, and this is precisely what HMD Global is aiming to revoke with the new Android series.
Specifications of the Flagship Device, Nokia 8
Image credits – rrbresult.co.in
Nokia 8 is Nokia’s flagship smart phone and the associated Model number is TA-1004. The price is expected to range around (or beyond) INR 34,000. Some of its key specifications are:
• Android version: Nokia 8 boots on Android version 7.0 – Nougat Operating System.
• Performance and configuration: Nokia 8 is powered by the latest processor of Qualcomm – Snapdragon 835 aided by Octa core processor with 6 GB RAM and Adreno 540 graphics engine. The two monstrous performers – performing under the hood are: quad-core processors 2.45GHz Kryo and 1.9GHz Kryo.
• Display: Nokia 8 flaunts the stylish gorilla glass on top with 5.7-inch IPS LCD display. The screen resolution is of 1,400 x 2,560 pixels. The flagship ship device is water resistant and dust resistant.
• Body specs: Nokia 8 smart phone weighs 156 grams and measures 153 x 74 x 7.9mm. Some the available body colours are black, grey, copper and silver.
• Sensors: Nokia 8 features finger print sensors at the front and the other sensors being ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, proximity sensor etc. The heart rate monitor sensor is a highlight and lets you calculate your heart rate within a fraction of a second.
• Memory Storage: Nokia 8 comes with an inbuilt memory of 64GB which is capable of expanding up to 256GB with the assistance of an external memory card.
• Camera: The Camera is expected to feature a dual camera with the 12 Mega pixel front camera and 24 Mega pixel Primary camera. The cameras are paired up with dual- LED CCT flash.
• Battery: The smart phone uses super powerful 3,999mAh li-ion nonremovable battery.
• Connectivity: Nokia 8 offers dual SIM, VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Dual antennas, MIMO, WEP, Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth v5.0, USB OTG, GPS with A-GPS, Glonass, NFC 802.11 and 4G, 3G, 2G connectivity.
Buy Nokia 8 for good sensors, ample storage, robust configurations and the cameras with brilliant picture quality.
Conclusion: Survival of the fittest
The news of a Nokia Android series has enthusiasts of the brand as well as tech maniacs trembling in anticipation. But the same people are wary after the severe disappointment of the Lumia series! Nokia has a daunting task at hand, and with all the pre-release hype, expectations are sky high!
If they can stay true to what Nokia represents, and provide features on par with the rest of the smartphone brands, there is a huge possibility of several people switching allegiances back to Nokia.
It is a fact that most of us have a soft spot for Nokia and would love to see it succeed. Come August, we will know for sure whether our old favourite is back in the game for good, or whether it is just another flash in the pan!