An Awaited Flagship Has Arrived: Nokia 8 Specifications, Pricing and Other Detailsby Team Versus August 18, 2017
After its catastrophic decline under Microsoft’s wing and failure to impress the tech savvy with a series of smartphones run on Windows, Nokia is now back and not without a bang. The tech giant, endeavouring to regain the leading status, has finally launched its flagship smartphone Nokia 8 on the night of 16th August with an android heart, to be precise an android operating system. Its premium features, especially the camera, took the London launch event by storm, promising to give other smartphones, falling within the similar price bracket, a run for their money. HMD global, which issued legal rights to Nokia for producing the Android clad smartphones, has taken intrinsic care to offer Google’s Android 7 Nougat in its most pristine form, aiming to give a pleasanter user-experience through an elevated interface. What’s more, this is HMD’s first Android device after its partnership with Carl Zeiss that took place last month, hinting at major camera quality upgrade. Let’s have a look at the array of specs that this Nokia mobile has to offer before any further speculation.
Nokia 8 Specifications
• The sculpted unibody of this smartphone is built using 6000-series aluminium, lending it a sturdy exterior.
• It’s efficient heat management system consists of a copper pipe fitted from the upper right corner till the lower left.
• A graphite shield transfers excess heat to the aluminium unibody for reducing the overall temperature of the phone quickly.
• The weight of this smartphone will be 160 gm.
• IP54 Splash proof offers moderate protection against rain and water spills
• Vertical strip at the back featuring dual-camera with four camera rings, three of which will house the two camera sensors and a flash. It is being assumed that the third camera ring will hold the autofocus laser, another specialty of the smartphone.
• Comparatively thicker bezel presence
• Home button at the end of the screen
• Fingerprint sensor is integrated just underneath the home button for quick access
• Capacitive buttons help in phone navigations
• Power keys and volume keys are located on the right-hand edge
• Rounded back-side for comfortable grip
• Sleek profile with an all-over dimension of 5.96X2.90X0.31 inches
• 3.5 mm audio jack at the top side
• Cutting edge Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset for smoothly running many apps together
• Powerful chipset offers longer battery life, maximizing the performance of the smartphone
• Octa-core CPU with four 2.45 GHz Kyro cores and four 1.8 GHz Kyro Cores
• Adreno 540 GPU
• Nokia 8 will run on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with the full bevy of Google’s power-packed, popular apps in-built.
• Regular updates will be available for providing access to users to the top features and facilities brought forth by Android.
• This smartphone will come with a 5.3-inch Quad HD (2K), IPA LCD capacitive touchscreen.
• A resolution of 1440X2560 pixels, meaning 554 ppi pixel density, will offer crisp and vibrant images.
• Corning Gorilla 5 that protects the screen from breaking due to sudden falls from heights up to 1.6 meters
• 16M colour detecting and distinguishing ability
• Multitouch functionality for multitasking
• Three subpixels per pixel for enhanced image quality
• At the rear Nokia 8 has a 13MP f/2.0 RGB dual image-fusion camera with one colour sensor and one black-and-white sensor for improved imaging, plus colour clarity.
• Its front camera is also 13 MP which has phase detection and auto focus abilities.
• Equipped with Zeiss optics, the leading brand for camera lenses, Nokia 8 supports storytelling through state of the art image capturing.
• Bothie: Nokia 8 is offering the latest Dual-Sight mode feature for capturing still images and videos using both the front and rear facing 13 MP camera sensors at the same instant and combining them into a single photo or video.
• Nokia 8’s in-built Camera app will let users stream ‘bothies’ to social media platforms such as YouTube and Facebook as HD-live videos with just a single touch.
• Dual tone flash
Audio and Video:
• Nokia 8 is the first premium smartphone that features Nokia OZO Spatial 360 degree built right into its core.
• Audio Focus mode lets the users reduce ambient noises and capture the necessary sounds perfectly.
• The audio feature coupled with 4K video capturing facility helps in producing superior quality videos.
• 64 GB in-built memory, expandable up to 256 GB microSD card inside the second sim slot
• 4 GB of RAM
• Non-removable 3090 mAh2 battery
• 1 Nano Sim slot for holding smartphone SIM card
• 1 Nano Sim slot which can be used for holding a second SIM card or a MicroSD card
Nokia 8 will be available in four attractive colours, Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Polished Copper and Steel.
The price of Nokia 8 has been estimated to be around EUR 589 which amounts to INR 43,400 for Indian markets.
Back with a Bang
Designed to fit the palm and offering a true taste of pure Android Nougat with the magnificence of Zeiss lenses and the appeal of Bothie, Nokia 8 is an affordable flagship smartphone which might give the likes of Samsung Galaxy S8, the upcoming Samsung Note 8 and even iPhone 8 considerable competition. One thing is sure, with the newly launched Nokia 8, packed with brand-new stunning storytelling features, Nokia is striving in the right direction for recapturing a lost market. As nostalgia for the tech brand is resurfacing all around, we just have to wait to watch how far its flagship sails it.