Nikon 1 J1 camera – Feasible and Affordable Alternative to DSLRby Sushant Bhosale June 18, 2013 0 comments
Launched a couple of years ago, the Nikon 1 J1 camera offers a great picture taking experience coupled with an exceptional low light performance too. Equipped with quite a powerful zoom feature, its lens system delivers a nearly matching performance when compared to other powerful DSLR cameras. Before reviewing the camera, a quick look at its features would be of great help:
- Type – Digital camera with interchangeable lenses
- Effective angle of view – Approx. 2.7x lens focal length (Nikon CX format)
- Effective pixels – 10.1 million
- Image sensor – 13.2 mm x 8.8 mm CMOS sensor
- Picture Control system – Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape; selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls
- Media – SD (Secure Digital), SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
- Shooting modes – Still image, Smart Photo Selector, Movie (HD & slow motion, Motion Snapshot
- Shutter – Electronic shutter
- Mode – Single frame, continuous, Electronic (Hi) Self-timer, delayed remote, quick-response remote,
- Self-timer – 2 s, 5 s, 10 s
- Remote control modes – Delayed remote (2 s); quick-response remote
- Playback – Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar) playback with playback zoom, movie playback, slide show, histogram display, auto image rotation, and rating option
- Interface – Hi-Speed USB, HDMI output, Type C mini-pin HDMI connector
- Battery – One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL20 battery
- Dimensions (W x H x D) – Approx. 106.0 x 61.0 x 29.8 mm/4.2 x 2.4 x 1.2 in., excluding projections
- Best Operating conditions – Temperature – 0-40 °C/ +32-104 °F & Less than 85% humidity
Nikon 1 J1 camera is purported to be an entry level camera equipped with the mirrorless interchangeable lens. The entire technology revolves around a relatively small sensor which is almost 30% small than the existing sensors currently used in other Nikon DX SLR cameras.
A must check out model for the amateur photographers who wish to upgrade to better camera models but are skeptical to try out the DSLRs mainly because they find them slightly complicated. The two main features i.e. autofocus and continuous shooting capability could provide the user with the much required confidence and to handle it. With its performance nearly similar to that of the DSLR, the Nikon 1 J1 camera can become one’s favourite camera model quite easily.
Look wise the Nikon 1 J1 is extremely classy especially with its miniature yet powerful lenses which perform simply superbly accompanied by the marvelously developed AF system which take care of fast moving subjects with expertise and shoot nearly 60 frames per second. Equipped with the dual image processor which incorporates the EXPEED 3 process to deliver the just perfect image as required, the camera is the one of the best cameras ever produced by Nikon in this range.
If you are thinking of upgrading your photography skills and it’s time to move on to better camera than the one on your smart phone, the Nikon 1 J1 is the right choice. Its Smart Photo Selector works equally well in daylight as well as when taking group portraits. The LCD screen provides the much required user interface for checking out images on the camera even in daylight conditions.
Offered with 10-30mm kit and/or 30-110mm kit, the Nikon 1 J1 camera fits in the price bracket of Rs, 20 -25 thousand, depending upon which camera you go for. For best deals and options of the offer, do check out CompareRaja online which offers available discount coupons as well. Available at Infibeam, Tradus, Croma, HomeStop 18 and many other stores so do make it a point to check them out all.