Lumia Black update starts rolling out globally to Nokia devicesby Sushant Bhosale January 13, 2014 0 comments
Nokia’s Windows phone users have a good reason to cheer as the Finnish company has revealed a software update for its range of Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices. The Lumia Black update brings a host of new features, improvements in imaging, new apps and app updates. The update will be available over-the-air (OTA) to Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 devices. One can also check the availability and get the update manually by navigating to Settings > Phone Update.
- App folder– Ability to organize apps into folders
- Bluetooth LE (Low Energy)– Providing Compatibility with gadgets like Adidas MiCoach and other Bluetooth LE-based accessories
- Nokia Beamer– Which allows sharing images, documents and other multimedia files to any HTML5-enabled display by scanning a QR code.
- Nokia Camera– Combines Nokia Pro Camera and Smart Camera
- Nokia Glance screen v2.0– Will provide users a quick indication of pending notifications
- Improved imaging algorithm that improves the image quality significantly
- Nokia Refocus– Allows users to capture a snap shot and then re-focus the image to create an interactive photo
- Nokia Storyteller– Arranges photos by date and by place making it easier to tell the stories behind your pictures.
The software update also includes custom tones for messages, emails, and reminders. In addition there is Driving Mode feature allows user to limit notifications while driving. However some of the features like Nokia Refocus, Nokia Beamer etc. will be available for phones with 1GB RAM upwards.
With so many enhancements the Black update is a good makeover for Lumia devices. At present the update is available in Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Latin America, Middle East and North America. The other regions are expected to get the same soon.