In the day-to-day busy & hectic life, it becomes difficult for consumers to go to the market. E-tailing brings relief in such scenario because its easier to shop online as it provides great comfort & convenience. One of the greatest advantages of online marketplace is that one can get best deals available for products/services that help to save money. The sellers can offer discounts and boost the sales as they do not need to maintain a physical store. Also, the payment gateways/automated order tracking systems cut additional labor costs.
There are some online stores that provide facility to send special/customized gifts to your loved ones on special occasions of valentines/birthdays etc. Such online stores provide plethora of gift options ranging from flowers to perfumes, chocolates, jewelry & more.
The e-tail sector is fast gaining momentum thanks to the increasing confidence of consumers in online stores. Thus the internet is fast becoming the first contact point not just for window shopping but for the actual purchase. The other contributing factors to the e-tail growth are improving infrastructure that provides high speed internet and aids the growth of internet traffic. Keeping in view all these factors, many entrepreneurs are coming up with online stores almost everyday providing the users with variety of products & services.
Key benefits of e-tail:
- Saves money
- Saves time
- Provides maximum comfort/convenience
- Comparatively more range of products/services
Key factors leading to the growth of e-tail:
- Improving infrastructure that provides high speed internet connectivity
- Increasing confidence of consumers to purchase/transact online
- Economic downturn that pushes people to look for cost effective options
Industry estimated e-tail value and the growth target:
E-tailing market in India is likely to grow by 82%
Will this be the new way forward?
E-tailing is certainly the new way forward considering the value additions such as:
- Online discount coupons- that add to the savings (E.g. www.couponraja.com)
- Price comparison- so the user doesn’t have to browse through multiple sites (E.g. www.compareraja.in)
- Cash On Delivery (COD)- provides payment security
- Money back/return policy- takes care of the trust factor
- Store pick-up- enhances convenience
The above provides end-to-end shopping experience to the user that adds to the convenience. Thus no longer do consumers have to take drive to the town or to an out of town retail outlet wherein there is a limited amount of choice as compare to the e-tail space. This not only saves time but also money considering the rising fuel prices.
In the existence of these few advantages e-tail has opened new horizons to versatile the modern age.