An Insight Into the Importance of Online Price Comparisonby Sushant Bhosale May 11, 2015
With the growing popularity of online shopping in India, the associated services like online price comparison are also fast gaining popularity. Team CompareRaja did a survey on Role of Price Comparison in Online & Offline Shopping.
The survey was conducted primarily on the popular social networking site Facebook. More than 1000 shoppers participated in the survey and below are the results of the same.
– About 75% of the shoppers who took our survey said that after comparing the prices online they bargain at the local stores.
– Nearly 59% of them compare the prices of the products both at online and offline stores before making their final purchase decision.
– About 73% of the shoppers use online price comparison sites/app or shopping comparison engines (CSEs) to compare prices before shopping. Whereas about 27% shoppers make us of mediums other than price comparison sites/apps.
– Another interesting fact that came to the fore is that 73.6% of the people who use price comparison services said they compare prices on the price comparison websites instead of apps.
– Only 26.4% of the shoppers said they use mobile apps for comparing prices. The lower percentage of app usage can be attributed to the fact that these apps are not very user-friendly.
What are Comparison Shopping Engines (CSEs)?
Comparison shopping engines collect various product related information like pricing, features, sellers and present this information on a single page depending on the user’s query. This helps shoppers to compare prices of various online sellers at one place enabling them to pick the best price. This not only helps shoppers to save money but also time.